IMPACT − Civil Society Research and Development e.V., founded in Berlin in 2013, is a non-profit civil society organization with additional offices in Iraq, Turkey and Syria.
Civil society-support is the core of IMPACT’s mission.
IMPACT e.V. is a catalyst for cooperation. It promotes the exchange of experiences and ideas among local civil society actors and their international peers. It offers support to civil society actors and activists using a community-based and holistic approach that includes assessment, research, training, long-term coaching and financial support.
The Office Manager is responsible for representing IMPACT e.V. in front of the government in Iraq, donors and other organizations; also, he is responsible for the efficient functioning of an office through a range of administrative, financial and managerial tasks
• Handling all related management matters of the Kurdistan Region-Iraq office including team management, communication with donors and the finance department, All under the supervision of the administrative manager.
• Representing the organization in KRI in meetings and conferences in coordination with the executive team
• Working in tandem with the legal representative in KRI for all official matters
• Oversight, hiring and management of employees in coordination with their respective departments and the human resources department
• Direct management of projects and activities when requested, and oversight on implementation of activities, including logistical and financial coordination for the activities and workshops in KRI
• Managing daily expenses of the office and preparing documentation as per the internal financial procedures
• Archiving all financial and administrative documentation both paper work and digitally.
Knowledge and experience
• A minimum of 3 years’ management experience in a senior management role, preferably in international non-government organizations
• good experience in analysing, planning and making decisions at a strategic level.
• Experience of budget development and financial management
• Proven track record of donor liaison, proposal development and reporting with institutional donors.
• Proven experience of working in partnership with NGOs and other civil society organisations and networks
• Educated to a Master’s degree level or equivalent experience
• A good understanding of and experience of working in developing countries or humanitarian contexts.
• Experience in strengthening organizational processes and systems, including staff development;
• Experience of working with partner organizations and managing partnership relationships;
• Experience in producing narrative reports for donors and internal stakeholders.
• Good understanding and working knowledge of challenges faced by INGOs
• Solid knowledge of and experience in Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning.
Skills and competencies
• Ability to manage and motivate staff;
• Ability to develop good working relationships with a range of stakeholders
• High level communication skills, including experience of communicating effectively with diverse audiences, both verbally and in writing
• Excellent written and spoken Arabic and English
• Strong people skills, flexible and responsive to the needs of the team as well as the wider organization;
• Ability to reflect on how to use time most effectively and to manage a complex workload;
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
• Ability to travel to various project locations.
• Must adhere to the national charities policies and procedures.
• Must adhere to IMPACT vision, mission and core values.
• Must respect the confidentiality of all matters relating to his / her employment and other members of staff.
• Participate in the appraisal process and ensure that agreed objectives are achieved, taking responsibility for directing own learning and development activities (e.g. private study, e-learning)
• Attend and contribute positively to meetings, conferences and training courses .
• Assist staff in other departments and regions as required in order to facilitate the work of the charity.
• Be able to undertake any other duties as per the request of the CD and HQ in the interest of the organization’s objectives.
• The job description is not intended to be exhaustive and it is likely that duties may be altered from time to time in the light of changing circumstances and after consultation with the post holder
HOW TO APPLY
Job Code: ER-20-01
Job Title: Office Manager
Job Location: Erbil- Iraq
Job Type: Part Time
Contract Type: Temporary / one year
Closing Date: March 10, 2020
To apply please use join the team form