Closing date: 01-09-2019
Career categories: Finance
Job years of experience: 3 years
Job type: Part time
Contract length: 6 months.
Location: Berlin, Germany
is a civil society organization established in Berlin 2013 with presence in Syria, Iraq and Turkey. With many years of experience in the Syrian crisis, our team joins both a deep understanding of the Syrian context through long experience with the civil society and concrete connections to the international movements and organizations, as well as an academic and professional experience in technical, research and managerial fields.
The role of the Finance Officer is to maintain the day to day finances of the IMPACT Berlin office and providing clerical support for office operations.
This will require maintaining electronic and hard copy filing system, bookkeeping, reviewing all supporting documentation provided for payments and recording the transactions in the cash and bank books.
• Overseeing financial policies within the projects; recommending changes as appropriate
• Liaison with legal companies, provide payroll processing and answer questions regarding payroll
Bank and Cash Management
• Monitor cash levels in the cash box and request cash transfers on a timely basis from the appropriate Reporting Line.
• Request Bank & Cash payments with IMPACT’s limit and ensure that all appropriate documentation and authority delegation procedures are being followed
• Handle the issuance and retirement of cash flows and ensure that all appropriate documentation and authorization procedures are correctly followed
• Maintain and track all daily cash flow movements between cashbooks/safe books/bankbooks
• Carry out cash counts, reconciliations of the cashbox and reconciliations of the bankbook on regular basis.
Books and Records
• Raise transaction vouchers to record bank and cash movements as required.
• Update the electronic cash/bank and safe books as required.
• Ensure accurate coding is used for all payment requests.
• Ensure all receipts are properly checked and verified.
• Ensure staff have access to all Finance documentation templates
• maintain electronic and hard copy filing system
• Adhere to IMPACT’s Finance Policies and Procedures particularly in the security of cash and confidentiality of information at all times ensuring utmost confidentiality to all sensitive information to which you are exposed.
• Maintain the finance cabinet and folders in an order and tidy fashion with easy referencing and locatable documents.
• Adhere strictly to IMPACT’s Program Participant Protection Policy and Code of Conduct Policy.
• Adhere strictly to IMPACT’s Anti-Fraud and whistleblowing policy
• Any other tasks assigned by the line manager or Country Director.
Person Specifications (Requirements):
• Degree level qualification in the Finance field.
• 3+ years’ experience in the financial field.
• Experience in bookkeeping or financial record management a distinct advantage
• Fluent/Native English, German.
• Computer literate with good MS Office skills particularly Excel
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Friendly, interactive and affable
• High integrity and demonstrated ability to follow standards and policies
• Meticulous with attention to detail
• Commitment to ensuring the protection of IMPACT’s beneficiaries
• Strong sense of security management and willingness to follow security guidelines and regulations
• Willingness to learn
• Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
• A corresponding salary scale
• Responsible and independent work in a pleasant environment
• Working with a young and dynamic group
How to apply:
To apply please fill in the following form: Join the team