|Job Title:||Administration Director|
|Job Location:||Berlin/Remote with ability to travel to Germany|
|Reporting to:||Executive Director|
|Level of Effort:||100%|
General Description of the Organization:
IMPACT – Civil Society Research and Development e.V. , founded in Berlin in 2013, is a non-profit civil society organization with offices in Iraq, Turkey and Syria. Civil society support is the core of IMPACT’s mission through long-term and balanced support to individuals and organizations in the conflict and developed countries. IMPACT’s main areas of intervention are capacity building, research, peacebuilding, and diaspora engagement.
The Administration Director is responsible for overseeing various administrative and operational tasks, with a strong emphasis on finance-related duties. The individual in this role will contribute to the overall financial operations, grants administration, human resources, and compliance with donor regulations.
The administration director is the deputy executive director for operations and overseeing the departments of Finance, Grants, Procurement, Human resources. working a team of competent, diverse and remotely managed employees in several offices in the middle east and Europe
The Administration manager will play a crucial role in supporting the organization’s mission to deliver development programs while adhering to donor guidelines from the EU, USAID, and the Department of State. With an annual budget of approximately $8 million
Financial Management and Reporting:
- Develop and maintain financial management policies and procedures to ensure the effective stewardship of funds.
- Create, analyze, and report on the organization’s financial statements, including balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements.
- Prepare timely financial reports for the senior management team, the Board of Directors, and donors.
- Monitor and manage the organization’s cash flow, optimizing financial resources to support ongoing programs and projects.
- Coordinate closely with other members of the program team to ensure the effective and efficient implementation of program activities.
- Supervise and approve the submission of project related regular reports to donors, as well as final reports in accordance with donor’s specific regulations
Grants Management and Compliance:
- Oversee the grants management process from proposal development to financial reporting and ensure adherence to donor regulations and guidelines.
- Review and approve grant proposals, budgets, and financial reports submitted to donors, ensuring accuracy and compliance.
- Collaborate with program managers to track grant expenditures and provide guidance on budget realignments as needed.
- Review and approve subgrantees budgets and final reports
- Conduct regular internal audits to ensure grant compliance and financial accuracy.
Budget Planning and Forecasting:
- Lead the annual budgeting process, collaborating with program managers and department heads to align financial resources with organizational goals.
- Develop and approve budgets for proposals and budgets, as well as budget amendments.
- Monitor budget performance regularly, providing variance analysis and recommending adjustments to achieve financial targets.
- Work with relevant stakeholders to identify and address budget-related challenges proactively.
- Work closely with department heads to develop annual budgets and track spending against budgeted targets.
- Provide support during grant application processes by creating detailed budgets and financial projections.
- Analyze financial data to identify cost-saving opportunities and make recommendations for resource optimization.
- Provide leadership and mentorship to the finance team, fostering a collaborative and supportive work environment.
- Set performance objectives, conduct regular evaluations, and identify opportunities for professional development.
- Build capacity within the finance team to enhance financial management expertise.
- Help team members identify problems and possible solutions, and ensure the integration of all team members into relevant decision-making processes.
Compliance and Audit:
- Ensure the organization’s compliance with all applicable local laws, regulations, and international accounting standards.
- Coordinate external audits and manage responses to audit findings.
- Liaise with relevant regulatory bodies and address any financial compliance issues promptly.
Administration and Operations:
- Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements related to the organization’s operations.
- Develop and implement efficient administrative processes to enhance productivity and cost-effectiveness.
- Oversee human resources functions, including recruitment, onboarding, employee benefits, and performance management.
- Identify financial risks and implement strategies to mitigate them.
- Develop and maintain strong internal controls to safeguard the organization’s assets and prevent fraud.
- Masters degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field.
- At least 8 years of progressive experience in financial management, with a focus on grants administration in conflict areas and compliance with EU, USAID, and Department of State regulations.
- Strong understanding of financial management in non-profit organizations, including fund accounting and reporting for restricted funding sources.
- Demonstrated experience managing diverse, remote teams and building collaborative relationships with international stakeholders.
- Proficiency in financial software and systems, as well as MS Office applications.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Exceptional communication and presentation abilities, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines.
- English is required, Arabic and/or German are preferable
How to apply
- 1.1. Kindly send your application via the link below by 30-8-2023
- 1.2. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not have heard from us within 2 weeks after the application deadline, please consider your application as being unsuccessful.