Job Code: PO-22-01
Job Title: Network Coordinator
Job location: Online with preference for Brussels or Berlin
Contract type: Project Base Contract
Contract duration: 9 months (extendable)
Job years of experience: minimum 5 years
Closing date: 15.02.2022
Syrian Civil Society Networks Platform (SCNP) is a platform of rights-based Syrian diaspora and civil society networks and coalitions from a range of host countries. SCNP aims to amplify the voices of Syrian networks. The platform focuses on coordination, advocacy, and dialogue. SCNP is a global network with members across continents, but it is anchored in Europe and has a strong network of European policymakers. SCNP is hosted by We Exist network and IMPACT, which offers financial, legal and strategic support
IMPACT – Civil Society Research and Development e.V., founded in Berlin in 2013, is a non-profit civil society organization with offices in Iraq, Turkey and Syria. Civil society support is the core of IMPACT’s mission through long-term and balanced support to individuals and organizations in the conflict and developed countries. IMPACT main areas of intervention is capacity building, research, peace building and diaspora engagement
Network coordinator will serve as the main point of contact for the member networks, implement the platform strategy and activities plan agreed with the donor and IMPACT, organize regular meetings, prepare and lead advocacy campaigns, and support member networks in developing their own.
More specifically, the roles and responsibilities include:
- Lead coordination efforts to organize SCNP quarterly meetings, roundtables, webinars and other agreed upon activities.
- Facilitate and coordinate the Objectives of the Platform as outlined in the strategy, ToRs and in the Communication Guidelines.
- Develop draft agendas for both the quarterly meeting(s) and the roundtable(s) in collaboration with member networks and IMPACT. Disseminate the final versions and any other pertinent documents.
- Prepare and send out invitations to roundtables and other events. Take comprehensive meeting minutes with actions points and distribute them to all members.
- Lead the organization of additional initiatives agreed upon by the group.
- Provide support with logistical matters related to the organizing of meetings in cooperation with the coordinator and project manager of the hosting network (We Exist) and agency (IMPACT) of the platform.
- Support the preparation of reports to donors, and ensure all activities are well documented and all related supporting documents are available.
- Ensure that the relevant documents are shared, saved, and accessible to all SCNP members. Including building and maintaining a database of relevant contacts and resources for SCNP and members.
- Locate opportunities for the SCNP to add new networks and find new partners.
- Lead on subgrating and support to networks advocacy initiatives.
- Coordinate advocacy and public campaigns among networks, in coordination with We Exist coordinator.
- Represent networks’ recommendations and perspectives in high-level meetings with policymakers, including at the EU and UN.
Personal Qualifications (Requirements)
- MSc/MA in communication, government affairs, marketing, political science, public policy, sociology or social work strongly preferred.
- 3-5 years years experience in issue advocacy, grassroots mobilization, external affairs or issue campaigns required.
- Proven experience in coordinating multi-stockholder actions, alliances or civil society networks.
- Proven high profile management, coordination, and advocacy experience in humanitarian context.
- Knowledge in the Syrian context, Syrian crisis stakeholders and the map of the Syrian civil society actors.
- Fluent in English, good knowledge in Arabic is preferable.
- Previous experience in remote management strongly recommended. Along with ability to coordinate between several parties.
- Experience in people management, team building, problem solving and decision making in a fragile context.
- Familiarity with dialogue, mediation, facilitation, and negotiation.
- Strong interpersonal, social/diplomacy skills. Excellent communication skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work with a minimum of guidance.
- Ability to travel to the Middle East region and Europe is preferable.
- High integrity and demonstrated ability to follow standards and policies.
- Excellent computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, etc.) and Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, etc.).