IMPACT–Civil Society Research and Development e.V. founded in Berlin in 2013, is a non-profit civil society organization with offices in Iraq, Turkey, and Syria. Civil society support is the core of IMPACT’s mission through long-term and balanced support to individuals and organizations in the conflict and developed countries. IMPACT main areas of intervention are capacity building, research, peace building and diaspora engagement.
2. PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
The overall objective of this training is to equip organizations with the skills and knowledge needed to secure funding and ensure long-term sustainability. Topics covered include donor mapping, crafting effective fundraising pitches, exploring alternative resource acquisition strategies, and managing resources and assets, all which participants will put into practice as part of the training.
3. SCOPE OF WORK
The assignment involves conducting two rounds of 4-day training workshops on fundraising and sustainability. The workshops are designed to equip participating organizations with a thorough understanding of the concept of strategic communication and its practical implementation in their respective contexts.
The workshops will take place at IMPACT’s Civil Society Incubators in Qamishli and Deir Ezzor with the help of local facilitators. The training is asked to develop the training curriculum, work with local facilitators on the ground to coordinate delivery and conduct the two workshops online.
The workshop should lead to the creation of tangible products such as policies, working templates, or other relevant documents that participants can directly apply in their organizational contexts. The trainer will be responsible for thoroughly reviewing these products and providing comprehensive, individualized feedback to each participant on their developed materials.
3.1. The training is aimed to achieve following objectives:
- Acquire skills and knowledge in securing funding, with a focus on understanding donor landscapes and developing strategies for long-term organizational sustainability.
- Learn to craft effective fundraising pitches, encompassing communication techniques and tailored approaches to different donor segments.
- Explore alternative resource acquisition strategies and master the management of resources and assets, including practical application as part of the training.
- Deliver using a blended learning approach and might consist of presentations, interactive sessions of practical exercise and group works.
- Practical sessions using individual, or group exercises will be given to participants after each session to make sure that they can apply what they have learnt into practice immediately.
- Participatory training methods such as brainstorming, simulation, group discussion and case analysis.
3.3. KEY DELIVERABLES:
- Development of training content and materials in Arabic.
- Work with local co-facilitators to ensure smooth training delivery.
- Conducting pre-training assessments.
- Facilitation of interactive training sessions.
- Review participants developed product.
- Post-training follow-up and action plans.
- Comprehensive training report submitted within an agreed timeframe.
3.4.1. The training will be online over Google Meet platform.
3.5.1. This is a short-term assignment for individual consultants for a period of 2 months between 15 Jan 2024 and 15 April 2024.
The workload is estimated to encompass 12 to 15 days, including 8 days dedicated to training delivery in two locations. This covers the preparation of materials, receiving and incorporating feedback from the IMPACT team, as well as conducting pre- and post-training assessments, reviewing participants’ products and follow-up sessions.
3.6. DUITES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
3.6.1. The trainer/consultant/resource person will:
- Sign with IMPACT a consultancy agreement
- Discuss and agree with IMPACT on the final training package, content, and deliverables.
- Design an appropriate process of the training leading to the desired results.
- Propose on the most appropriate training methodology for effective delivery of the assignment.
- Device the tools required for each session of the training.
- Satisfactorily facilitate the training sessions and ensure active engagement of all the participants.
- Share relevant training materials and provide any resource materials for further reading and reference by trained staff.
- Design a questionnaire for pre and post-test (to be used before and after the workshop) for workshops to gauge the level of understanding of the participants about the topics discussed in the training workshop. Compile and submit quality training report (one soft copy)
3.7.1. The resource person/consultant should possess following qualifications and expertise:
- An advanced degree in Business Administration, Nonprofit Management, or related fields is preferable.
- Proven experience in conducting similar trainings, preferably in conflict or post-conflict regions.
- Excellent command of Arabic and English.
- Strong facilitation and interpersonal skills.
4. TECHINCAL PROPOSAL:
4.1.1. The technical proposal should include but not limited to the following information:
- A brief outline of recent experience and client references in carrying out assignments of similar nature (Max. 1 pages)
- Detailed description of how the consultant/firm understands and will respond to the ToR including an initial training outline and a time frame (for the workshop and coaching sessions)
- Curriculum Vitae of trainer
5. FINANCIAL PROPOSAL:
5.1.1. The financial proposal must contain overall quotation in Euro for all the services to be provided and must follow the following:
- Summary of the total costs for the services proposed.
- Any taxes if applicable.
6. PROPOSED PAYMENT SCHEDULE:
6.1.1. 100% of the payment will be released to the trainer after completing the training.
Child safeguarding policy: IMPACT aims to create an organization that is safe for children but is also aware of the need to keep child protection concerns proportionate and to guard against over-zealous attitudes. Child abuse thrives in closed and secretive atmospheres. IMPACT’s best protection is to create an open and aware culture where people are not afraid to speak about their concerns.
Any employee, consultant, contractor, or the supplier undertaking an activity on behalf of IMPACT organization must sign the Child Safeguarding – Declaration of Acceptance Form and comply with the IMPACT Child Safeguarding Policy which is a statement of IMPACT’s commitment to preventing abuse and protecting children with whom it comes into contact.
How to apply
Please submit the following documents to: [email protected] no later than Jan 18th, 2024.
- An updated CV.
- Technical proposal.
- Financial proposal following RFQ form.
- A signed copy of the ToR and supporting documents that demonstrate skills/competencies otherwise the proposal will not be considered.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. IMPACT reserves the right to close this advert before the confirmed closing date when we are in receipt of sufficient applications. IMPACT has the right to close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate, and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to apply as early as possible