IMPACT – Civil Society Research and Development e.V. , founded in Berlin in 2013, is a non-profit civil society organization with offices in Iraq, Turkey and Syria. Civil society support is the core of IMPACT’s mission through long-term and balanced support to individuals and organizations in the conflict and developed countries. IMPACT main areas of intervention is capacity building, research, peace building and diaspora engagement.
Wiaam III is managed by IMPACT and funded by the United States Department of State. Wiaam III has a full set of complete documents that require review.
The objective of this consultancy is to hire a short-term consultant to conduct a comprehensive and legal review of IMPACT/Wiaam III grantees agreement, grant management manual, grant templates, Request for Proposal (RFP) and grant risk assessment, proposal documents.
The purpose of this review is to ensure that these documents align with USG rules and regulations set forth by the 2 CFR 200 and 2 CFR 600.
Scope of Work:
Review of Grantee Agreement to be signed between IMPACT/Wiaam III and subgrantee based in North-East Syria and surrounding countries.
- Examine the existing grantee agreement document and assess its compliance with USG rules and regulations.
- Identify any gaps, inconsistencies, or areas that require improvement.
- Provide recommendations and propose amendments to align the grantee agreement with USG fund rules.
Review of Grant management Manual and Grant Agreement:
- Evaluate the current grant manual and grant agreement to ascertain adherence to USG rules and regulations.
- Analyze the clarity, completeness, and organization of these documents.
- Suggest revisions or additions to enhance the alignment with USG rules and regulations.
Review of Grant Templates & Request for Proposal (RFP)
- Scrutinize the existing grant template used for managing grant with IMPACT/Wiaam III sub-grantees.
- Assess the templates compliance with USG fund regulations, including required clauses and provisions.
- Propose modifications or additions to ensure the template aligns with USG rules and regulations.
Review of Proposal and Risk assessment:
- Evaluate the standard proposal format and content used by IMPACT/Wiaam III before submitting it to USG.
- Verify whether the proposal and risk assessment templates incorporate the necessary elements outlined in USG rules and regulations.
- Recommend any necessary changes or additions to ensure the proposal aligns with USG rules and regulations.
- Comprehensive review reports for each document (grantee agreement, grant management manual, grant templates, Request for Proposal (RFP), risk assessment and proposal), highlighting areas of non-compliance, gaps, and suggested improvements.
- Revised versions of the grantee agreement, grant manual, grant templates, Request for Proposal (RFP), and proposal documents and risk assessment incorporating the recommended changes in line with USG rules after IMPACT/Wiaam III approves the changes.
The estimated timeline for this consultancy is no more than 10 days. Estimated delivery date is 20 July 2023. The consultant should provide a detailed work plan indicating specific milestones and deliverable due dates.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of USG rules, regulations, and guidelines specified in the 2 CFR 200.
- Experience in reviewing and aligning grantee agreements, grant manuals, grant templates, and proposals with USG
- Familiarity with the grant management processes and practices.
- Knowledge of the Syrian context
- Excellent written skills in English.
- 100% of the payment will be released to the consultant after completing the work.
How to apply?
- Updated curriculum vitae (CV).
- Financial quotation detailing the consultant’s fees.
TECHINCAL PROPOSAL (50%)
The technical proposal should include but not limited to the following information:
- A brief outline of recent experience and client references in carrying out assignments of similar nature (Max. 1 pages)
- Detailed description of how the consultant/firms understands and will respond to the ToR including time frame.
- Curriculum Vitae of consultant.
FINANCIAL PROPOSAL (50%)
The financial proposal must contain overall quotation in Euro for all the services to be provided and must follows the following:
- Summary of the total costs for the services proposed
- IMPACT will not cover any tax.
Interested applicants must submit quotation Docs signed and stamped to [email protected]g along with a signed copy of the ToR, registration Docs and supporting Docs which meet skills/competencies otherwise the quotation will not be considered. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.