|Job Title:||P/CVE Project Manager|
|Job Location:||Middle East / Europe|
|Reporting to:||Programs Director/ Executive Director|
|Full time, 40 hours/week
exceptionally also : part time 20-30 hours/week
General Description of the Organization:
IMPACT – Civil Society Research and Development e.V. , founded in Berlin in 2013, is a non-profit civil society organization with offices in Iraq, Turkey and Syria. Civil society support is the core of IMPACT’s mission through long-term and balanced support to individuals and organizations in the conflict and developed countries. IMPACT’s main areas of intervention are capacity building, research, peacebuilding, and diaspora engagement.
About the Project:
Since early 2020, IMPACT and its partners have been implementing a community-focused preventing and countering violent extremism (P/CVE) program in Northeast Syria. The intervention is comprised of a diverse range of initiatives including research, child protection, women’s economic empowerment, community engagement, and civil society support.
The program utilizes an interdisciplinary approach, investing in current community strengths to build resilience and sustain P/CVE beyond the scope of the project. It does this through a combination of strategies including protection and economic empowerment of returning Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs), local capacity-building, and improving dialogues and collaboration between local communities, civil society, authorities, and the international community.
The project manager will be responsible for the design and implementation of comprehensive preventing and countering violent extremism (P/CVE) program within IMPACT’s program framework and in line with IMPACT’s standards. The Manager will be responsible for overall supervision of projects’ activities to ensure proper implementation with full adherence to donors’ requirements. Also, He/she will be responsible for building partnerships with actors within the civil society and CVE sector as well as the design of training and mentorship plans. The Project Manager will work with IMPACT’s Director of Programs and other staff members to identify new opportunities to extend CVE programs.
The project includes several components and field offices that require coordination with other departments at IMPACT, field staff, implementing partners and subgrantees. The project team consists of project coordinator, finance officer, focal points and support personnel.
Duties, objectives, and competencies:
- Contribute to the development/ revision of best practice guides, manuals, and other technical resources to improve the quality of IMPACT’s CVE projects.
- Work with other staff to support the development of guidance and resource materials that aim to improve CVE projects delivery.
- Support the development of the projects’ strategy for CVE and contribute to conducting a stakeholder analysis and identifying potential partnership opportunities, and developing technically sound proposals.
- Participating in implementing the required needs assessment, and identifying research and evaluation priorities.
- Supporting the design of proposals and the development of proper monitoring plans, directly engaging in the design and development of proposals and drafting, reviewing and editing other proposals on an ongoing basis.
- Be the primary provider of technical support and guidance for civil society and CVE programming with a particular emphasis on design, implementation, monitoring, and resource mobilizations.
- Lead the implementation of the CVE projects ensuring timeliness and delivery according to the activity plan and results in the framework.
- Provide the technical inputs in regard to enhancing the project’s activities quality.
- Ensure the projects adheres to both donor and IMPACT’s protection approach, to best practices and to all internal policies and procedures;
- Ensure participation of the community in the implementation of the projects through appropriate mechanisms.
- Liaise with other implementing partners to ensure appropriate coordination of interventions and avoid activities overlapping;
- Develop, manage and revise project operational plans based on a plan submitted to donors and in accordance with Programme Management Tools.
- Work with the project team and link with the support management team on progress and encountered challenges.
- Respond to requests for information about CVEC projects from IMPACT staff from various departments and field programs, donors, and relevant stakeholders.
- Manages the project staff/team to ensure effective and efficient program implementation, partnership relationships, and operational systems.
- Ensure that there is a clearly defined structure, up-to-date job description, and reporting mechanisms for each team member in line with IMPACT’s HR policies and procedures;
- Hold regular coordination meetings with key team members to discuss issues, ensure strong communication and learning from each other.
- In coordination with the human resources department, develop the recruitment plan and participate in the teal selection, recruitment onboarding, and orientation.
- Contribute to team capacity building and set up training plans to enhance team members’ technical capacity.
- Incorporation with IMPACT human resources, participating in project staff performance appraisal, and identifying required skills and capacity development.
- Manage the project budget, including regular monitoring of expenditure against budget, in accordance with IMPACT’s financial procedures and guidelines.
- Prepare project procurement plan and oversee procurement implementation to ensure all services/supplies are provided within the projects’ timeline/work plan.
- Oversee the work and expenditure plan and ensure that the program is implemented within the agreed/approved budget and timeframe.
- Report all project activities with donor’s deadline with adherence to donors’ requirements and reporting formats.
- Report immediately all projects’ security challenges and ensure proper incident reports are submitted.
- Participate in CVE cluster reports, data collection, and reporting projects’ activities via 4Ws submission.
- Represent IMPACT at different local coordination forums and national forums and other working groups related to CVE programming.
- Maintain communication and experience sharing with the partner organizations and other stakeholders to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of project activities and promote best practices.
Monitoring & Evaluation
- Manage program in line with the logical framework, the program M&E plan, and ensure regular analysis and reporting on program data.
- Ensure related staff are aware of, and understand the M&E methodologies and requirements including monthly data collection, analysis, and reporting to all key stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Provide technical contribution to the design of M&E tools and support the MEAL team in data analysis.
- Adhere fully to the commitments and rules of IMPACT’s Code of Conduct
- Undertake any other relevant duties as may be assigned by the line manager.
- Advanced University Degree in Social Science or a closely related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in international development work.
- proven track-record in P/CVE projects or research
- Very good Knowledge in the Syrian conflict and the civil society work in Syria.
- Previous experience in remote management is strongly recommended. Along with the ability to coordinate between several parties
- Experience in people management, team building, problem-solving, and decision making in a fragile context.
- Demonstrated ability to implement a complex program, manage a range of staff, and with a strong emphasis on developing their capacities.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to coordinate with multiple parties and external stakeholders.
- Sound judgement and ability to make impartial recommendations;
- Experience in programme development, management and monitoring and evaluation;
- Excellent English language skills (spoken, written and reading)
- Arabic language skills is a huge advantage
- Experience delivering capacity building training and materials development is preferred.
- Hard-working, proactive, and able to prioritize and delegate a demanding workload.