Vacancy: Project Coordinator
Position: Project Coordinator
Location: remote , preferably in Berlin, Germany or Erbil , KRI
Duration: up to 12 months
Level of Effort : 50-100%
Deadline for Application : 28 february 2024
project aims to develop a sustainable local (sub-national) strategy for preventing and countering violent extremism focusing on the reintegration of returnees from camps and detention facilities. The Project includes engagement with many local and international stakeholders as well as experts and researchers on diverse topics of strategy development, P/CVE, reintegration of IDPs and advocacy
- Oversee the planning, implementation, and evaluation of the political and strategy development project.
- Develop detailed work plans and ensure timely delivery of project milestones.
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders to ensure project alignment with organizational objectives.
- Supervise and coordinate field staff, providing guidance and support for effective project implementation.
- Conduct regular check-ins with field staff and remote teams to monitor progress and address any challenges.
- Provide support on logistical matters related to project activities.
- Reach out to relevant stakeholders, including local community leaders, international agencies, donors, and other entities.
- Foster strong relationships with stakeholders to ensure project buy-in and sustainability.
- Collaborate with researchers and experts on matters of reintegration and countering violent extremism.
- Coordinate with international agencies, donors, and local community leaders to enhance project impact.
- Lead the development and refinement of project plan in alignment with organizational goals.
- Provide strategic insights to inform project decisions and activities.
- Utilize expertise in countering violent extremism to design and implement targeted interventions.
- Ensure that strategies are adaptive to changing circumstances and are evidence-based.
Reporting and Documentation:
- Prepare regular project reports, documenting progress, challenges, and lessons learned.
- Collect information from the staff, partners and open sources and translate relevant pieces to the recipients language
- Ensure compliance with donor reporting requirements.
- Master’s degree in Political Science, International Relations, or a related field.
- Proven experience in coordinating and managing projects, preferably in the NGO sector.
- Demonstrated expertise in countering violent extremism and a strong understanding of political dynamics.
- Excellent strategic thinking and analytical skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and supervise field staff remotely.
- Previous experience working with NGOs or international development organizations is an asset.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not have heard from us within 2 weeks after application deadline, please consider your application as being unsuccessful.
- IMPACT e.V. is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from qualified individuals, regardless of gender, age, disability, or ethnicity.
- Interested candidates should submit their application along with their CV on the link below by February 28th. Please include “Project Coordinator -CVE” in the subject line.