Job Code: PC-21-12
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Job location: Online – Preferably in Berlin
Job type: Full-time job
Contract Duration: One year – extendable
Job years of experience: minimum 3 years
Closing date: 3 January 2022
IMPACT – Civil Society Research and Development e.V. , founded in Berlin in 2013, is a non-profit civil society organization with offices in Iraq, Turkey and Syria. Civil society support is the core of IMPACT’s mission through long-term and balanced support to individuals and organizations in the conflict and developed countries. IMPACT main areas of intervention is capacity building, research, peace building and diaspora engagement
IMPACT is interested in hiring a Project Coordinator for a civil society support project implemented in deferent locations in Syria.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Coordinate project management activities, resources, equipment and information
- Liaise with field team to identify and define requirements and needs as projects evolve
- Assign tasks to field teams and assist with schedule management
- Help prepare budgets
- Analyze risks and opportunities
- Oversee project procurement management
- Act as the point of contact and communicate project status to all participants
- Work with the Project Manager to eliminate blockers
Use tools to monitor working hours, work plans, activities and expenditures
- Maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports
Personal Qualifications (Requirements)
- MSc/MA in management or a relevant field
- 3-5 years of proved experience in supervision position in conflict areas and in capacity building oriented projects
- Good command in English and Arabic.
- Very good Knowledge in the Syrian conflict and the civil society work in Syria.
- Previous experience in remote management strongly recommended. Along with ability to coordinate between several parties
- Experience in people management, team building, problem solving and decision making in a fragile context.
- Demonstrated ability to implement a complex program, manage a range of staff and with strong emphasize on developing their capacities.
- Knowledge in reporting requirements for international donors mainly US, EU and UN Agencies.
- High integrity and demonstrated ability to follow standards and policies
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.