Consultancy Title: Project Evaluation Expert
Location: Online – Preferably in Berlin
Closing date: 28 February 2022
IMPACT – Civil Society Research and Development e.V., founded in Berlin in 2013, is a non-profit civil society organization with offices in Iraq, Turkey and Syria. Civil society support is the core of IMPACT’s mission through long-term and balanced support to individuals and organizations in the conflict and developed countries. IMPACT main areas of intervention is capacity building, research, peace building and diaspora engagement
The evaluation intends to test the theory of change behind the Civil Society Support Centers, assess progress towards the program-overarching goal, and derive actionable recommendations to increase the program’s relevance and effectiveness.
The evaluation methodology will rely mainly on the overall framework developed by IMPACT for its incubation programs, which will be tailored to fit the specific context and goal of Civil Society Support Centers in NES.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- To lead the process of the evaluation
- To adjust the methodological framework
- To develop Klls/FGDs framework
- To draft the final evaluation report.
Ideal Candidate Profile
- Advanced university degree in Evaluation, Social Sciences, Political Science, International Development, Law, or related field.
- At least five years’ experience in co-conducting development assistance evaluations of programs or initiatives with a focus on civils society engagement and organizational development.
- Experience with working in Syrian conflict and the civil society work in Syria.
- Professional experience with Project Cycle Management and Logical Framework approaches.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic is required.
- Proven knowledge of evaluation methodology for development assistance projects and programs with specific experience in evaluation methods and tools.
- Experience with developing qualitative and quantitative indicators.
- Experience with survey techniques focus groups and other participatory methods.
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative data collection methods.
- Experience with remote working, and remote data collection and quality assurance.
- Sound analytical, writing, and editing skills.