- IMPACT – Civil Society Research and Development e.V. , founded in Berlin in 2013, is a non-profit civil society organization with offices in Iraq, Turkey and Syria. Civil society support is the core of IMPACT’s mission through long-term and balanced support to individuals and organizations in the conflict and developed countries. IMPACT main areas of intervention is capacity building, research, peace building and diaspora engagement.
- We Exist : WE is a Syrian led network of Syrian organizations focused on advocacy. WE aims to “bring together active, vibrant and dynamic civil society organizations to ensure the voice and agency of Syrians is at the forefront of discussions about Syria’s future.” WE works actively with other coordination groups.
PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
The consultant will support WE coordinator and members to update their strategy for the next 2 years based on the changing environment of the work of Syrian civil society, and on the visions of WE members.
Since the establishment of WE, the network has worked to advocate for the rights of Syrians in Syria, and hosting countries. In the past 2 years, there were major changes in the contexts and also in the attitude of several stakeholders.
The overall objective of the consultation is to support WE coordinator, and organization members in updating their strategy for the upcoming 2 years with consideration of the changing environment of the work of civil society, and the whole context of the Syrian crisis. The primary purpose of this consultancy is to improve the efficiency of the collective work of the alliance, increase the engagement of the members to achieve the strategic goals of the network. Through this consultancy, the secretary of WE and the organization members will be provided with the required technical support to update their strategy and tools.
SCOPE OF WORK
The assignment is to provide 7 working days of consultancy within 4 weeks of the project. During this period the consultant will work closely with the WE coordinators, members, and other consultants and support them to have an updated strategy.
3.1. The consultancy is aimed to achieve following objectives:
1- To support WE coordinator and members to develop a concrete strategy for the next 2 years.
2- To support WE coordinator to utilize the capacities and resources of the network to achieve the goals of the strategy.
Even there will be a quiet space for creativity in this consultancy, but there should be basic standards for the methodology. The consultants are welcomed to share their points of view on methodology in their technical offer.
3.2.1. Desk review: The consultant will review WE current strategy, current plans and other documents related to vision of WE and its individual member organizations.
3.2.2. Collective and bilateral consultation sessions with WE members to understand more about their visions, goals, and available capacities.
3.2.3. Participatory methods such as brainstorming, simulation, group discussion and case analysis.
3.3. KEY DELIVERABLES:
3.3.1. Following deliverables are expected from the service provider:
– The consultant will provide a first draft of the 2 years strategic plan in the 3rd week of this consultancy.
– The consultant will provide a final draft of the strategy based on the revision and comments from IMPACT, and WE at the 4th week of this consultancy.
– The consultant will provide a final report on this consultancy including recommendations.
3.4.1. The tasks of this consultation will be online.
3.5.1. This is a short-term assignment for both individual consultants, and institutes for a period of 7 working days in a timeframe of Four weeks. Tentatively this assignment will start in August 2022 (dates shall be confirmed).
3.6. DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
3.6.1. The consultant or their representative person will:
22.214.171.124. Sign with IMPACT a consultancy agreement and work as a resource person for the 7 days.
126.96.36.199. Discuss and agree with IMPACT on the final deliverable.
188.8.131.52. Design an appropriate process of the consultancy leading to the desired results.
184.108.40.206. Propose on the most appropriate methodology for effective delivery of the assignment.
220.127.116.11 Submit WE 2 years strategy with the closing report.
– Master degree in, political science, international relationships, sociology, or another related field or equivalent experience.
– Five years of experience in working with civil society in the MENA region, in public relations or a related field.
– Knowledge and practical experience in working with civil society networks and alliances.
– Experience working in the Syria crisis, with knowledge of the Syrian civil society map would be a distinct advantage.
– A demonstrated high level of professionalism and an ability to work independently and with multiple partners.
– Excellent written and oral communication skills in English. Arabic is a plus
3.8 Language: The language of this consultancy including all deliverables is English. Communication can be done in English or Arabic
4.1.1. Consultant/ representative person/ firms are required to submit their technical and financial proposals the IMPACT HR department in English via the link
4.1.1. The technical proposal should include but not limited to the following information:
18.104.22.168. A brief outline of recent experience and client references in carrying out assignments of similar nature (Max. 1 pages)
22.214.171.124. Detailed description of how the consultant understands and will respond to the ToR including time frame.
126.96.36.199. Curriculum Vitae of consultants.
188.8.131.52. The consultant methods to provide this consultancy.
5.1.1. The financial proposal must contain overall quotation in Euro for all the services to be provided and must follows the following:
184.108.40.206. Summary of the total costs for the services proposed
220.127.116.11. Any taxes applicable
PROPOSED PAYMENT SCHEDULE:
6.1.1. 100% of the payment will be released to the trainer after completing the training.
HOW TO APPLY:
7.1.1. Consultant/ representative person/ firms are required to submit their technical and financial proposals the IMPACT HR department in English by 15-8-2022 via the link https://forms.gle/hQECzcHAoePYVuci6
7.1.2. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not have heard from us within 2 weeks after the application deadline, please consider your application as being unsuccessful.
Child safeguarding policy:
IMPACT aims to create an organization that is safe for children but is also aware of the need to keep child protection concerns proportionate and to guard against over-zealous attitudes. Child abuse thrives in closed and secretive atmospheres. IMPACT’s best protection is to create an open and aware culture where people are not afraid to speak about their concerns.
Any employee, consultant, contractor, or the supplier undertaking an activity on behalf of IMPACT organization must sign the Child Safeguarding – Declaration of Acceptance Form and comply with the IMPACT Child Safeguarding Policy which is a statement of IMPACT’s commitment to preventing abuse and protecting children with whom it comes into contact.