The Web communication specialist will provide the We Exist Network (WE) with services of updating their website. The specialist will be responsible for updating the WE’s website content and some of its visual appearance (as much as feasible) according to the needs of WE.
IMPACT – Civil Society Research and Development e.V. , founded in Berlin in 2013, is a non-profit civil society organization with offices in Iraq, Turkey and Syria. Civil society support is the core of IMPACT’s mission through long-term and balanced support to individuals and organizations in the conflict and developed countries. IMPACT main areas of intervention are capacity building, research, peace building and diaspora engagement.
IMPACT hosts the “WE” project : a Syrian led network of Syrian organizations focused on advocacy and campaigning to bring forward the voice of Syrian changemakers. WE aims to “bring together active, vibrant and dynamic civil society organizations to ensure the voice and agency of Syrians is at the forefront of discussions about Syria’s future.” WE works actively with other coordination groups. The network is also the current host of the Syrian Civil Society Networks Platform, which gathers 9 Syrian Civil Society networks that collaborate and coordinate together.
PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
The overall objective of the consultation is to support the WE network in updating its website, most importantly on its content, and secondly its visual appearance, as much as possible given the available time frame (by December 17th).
SCOPE OF WORK
The assignment is to conduct the update of WE website on WordPress, to update the content provided by We Exist, and improve the visual appearance of the website, by respecting the current theme or if possible, adopting a new theme.
3.1. The consultancy aims to achieve the following objectives:
- To update WE’s website in terms of the content;
- To create a page on the website, that displays the latest work of its member organizations
- If possible given the timeline, to update the theme
The service will be conducted through the following steps:
3.2.1. Understanding the needs of WE for its website
3.2.2 Receiving the content to update
3.2.3 Agree on the theme to import (if possible given the deadlines)
3.2.4 Updating the website
3.3. Key deliverables:
Following deliverables are expected from the service provider:
- The consultant will provide an update website, with an update list of members, presentation of the network and its work, and most importantly with a page integrating the latest published work of WE’s member organizations (with an embed link to their products)
- The consultant will, if possible given the timeframe, update the theme and visual appearance of the website
The totality of the tasks of this consultation will be online.
This is a short-term assignment for both individual consultants and institutes, for a period of 30 days. Tentatively, this assignment will start in December 2022 (dates shall be confirmed).
3.6. Duties and responsibilities:
The consultant/agency or their representative person will:
- Sign with IMPACT a consultancy agreement;
- Discuss and agree with IMPACT on the final deliverables;
- Provide a finale updated website base on the agreed deliverables
- A significant experience (>5 years) experience in web development/communication, especially mastering WordPress
- Experience working in developing websites for human rights organizations or think-tanks is a plus
- A demonstrated high level of professionalism and an ability to work independently
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English. Arabic is a plus
The language of this consultancy including all deliverables and communication is English.
The Consultant/ representative person/ firms are required to submit their proposal to the IMPACT HR department in English via the application link.
The proposal should include but not limited to the following information:
- A portfolio or succinct presentation of previous work
- A detailed quote for this consultancy
The financial proposal must contain overall quotation in Euro for all the services to be provided and must follows the following:
- Summary of the total costs for the services proposed;
- Any taxes applicable
PROPOSED PAYMENT SCHEDULE:
100% of the payment will be released to the service provider after completing the consultancy mission.
HOW TO APPLY:
Kindly use the application link to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not have heard from us within 2 weeks after the application deadline, please consider your application as being unsuccessful.
CHILD SAFEGUARDING POLICY
IMPACT aims to create an organization that is safe for children but is also aware of the need to keep child protection concerns proportionate and to guard against overzealous attitudes. Child abuse thrives in closed and secretive atmospheres. IMPACT’s best protection is to create an open and aware culture where people are not afraid to speak about their concerns.
Any employee, consultant, contractor, or the supplier undertaking an activity on behalf of IMPACT organization must sign the Child Safeguarding – Declaration of Acceptance Form and comply with the IMPACT Child Safeguarding Policy which is a statement of IMPACT’s commitment to preventing abuse and protecting children with whom it comes into contact.